The Chicago White Sox @ Guaranteed Rate Field
This is the average amount of time after gates open that bobbleheads are still available
This is the average percentage of game attendees that will receive a bobblehead
Guaranteed Rate Field is an open roof stadium in southern Chicago, but not exactly situated near the lakefront, and therefore don't expect the weather to be too windy. Day games are extremely hot, especially on a clear, sunny day. I would recommend you sit in the back end of all sections or along the first base line to avoid getting tan since the sun will set over the right side of the stadium. Sections 108, 109, and 110 are special in that they are shaded by the Huntington Bank Stadium Club which provides excellent sun coverage.
There is no need to go with ParkWhiz since parking at Guaranteed Rate Field is relatively inexpensive and right next to the stadium. Parking is a flat $20 Monday through Saturday and $10 on Sundays. I would recommend adding AT LEAST AN ADDITIONAL 30 MINUTES to your drive time as there are only two lane roads to the parking areas and traffic around the stadium is extremely heavy on game days.
Some things to note:
- Cash/Credit/Debit lots are Lots F, L, and G
- The highway exit for cash lots is Pershing Rd
- If you are coming from the North, right after you exit the highway, there are usually cones that prevent you from making the right turn onto 37th street. Instead immediately get into the MIDDLE LANE on Wentworth Ave (see below). Don't worry about getting into the line of cars who merge into the very right lane after exiting.
- Stay in the middle lane as if you were going to keep going straight at the intersection, even when the lanes all shift near the intersection with Pershing Rd. The RIGHT TWO lanes are both acceptable right turns onto Pershing Rd during game days.
- Just keep following traffic and you will make another right turn onto S. Stewart Ave before the railroad tracks into the cash lots.
So far I have only entered through Gate 3, as this is the most direct gate entrance coming from the cash lots. I have yet to collect a bobblehead from Guaranteed Rate Field, so more info to come.